Building Department Permits
This list is not all-inclusive. It merely states most of the projects that require permits in the Village of Whitefish Bay. If you have any questions regarding your project, please contact the Inspection Department before you start the project.
Requires a Survey
May Require ARC Approval
|Remodels - Kitchen, Bathroom, Attic, Basement.
New cabinets, walls open to studs.
|Decks / Porches / Stoops
|Demolition of Structures
|Roofing (any type of roof work)
|Any Structural Work
Electrical Permit - Application
- New or Relocated Lighting Fixtures, Switches and / or Outlets
- New or Replacement Furnace, Boiler, or A/C Units
- Upgrade Electrical Service
- Appliances (dishwashers, disposals, etc.)
- Electric Water Heaters
- Hot Tubs, Whirlpool Tubs, Swimming Pools
- Baseboard Heaters
Plumbing Permit - Application
- New or Replacement - Sink, toilet, dishwasher, disposal, laundry tray, tub, shower, whirlpool tub, sump pump, water heater, water treatment systems, laterals, sprinkler systems, on demand water supplies.
- Extensions of Supply or Waste Lines
- Permit only issued to master plumbers
HVAC Permit - Application
- New or Replacement - Furnace, boiler, fireplace, air conditioner, vent vans, air exchange units, combined heat and air units, ductwork alterations
- Swimming Pools
Right of Way Permit
Application available at Village Hall
- Driveway Approach, Carriage Walks, Lateral Repairs
- Any other disturbance in the Right of Way
Dumpster Permit - Application
- Placement of Dumpsters on Village Property
It is the responsibility of the property owner or his / her delegated agent to procure the proper permit(s) for a specific project. The property owner is wholly responsible for any actions taken on their property. A permit must be applied for, and issued prior to the commencement of any project. Failure to obtain proper permits will result in a four times permit fee.
If you have any questions, please contact the Inspection Department at 414-962-6690.