The Whitefish Bay Public Library was established in 1937 in the basement of the old Village Hall. The original building for the library was built in 1955, but due to a large increase in circulation it was expanded and remodeled in June of 2002.
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the
community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages,
inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to
ideas, information and resources.
The Whitefish Bay Library relies on a set of core principles to guide us in our
pursuit of our mission and vision. These principles define what we value, guide
how we act, and inform the decisions that we make, now and in the future. We will: