On October 5, 2020, the Village Board approved changes to winter parking regulations in Whitefish Bay. The proposed overnight parking changes only affect winter overnight parking, which is enforced from 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. from December 1 through March 31. Vehicles still need to abide by all other parking regulations for the location in which they are parked. An overnight parking permit does not supersede time zone restrictions or other restrictions on a block, and vehicles with overnight parking permits must be moved once every 24 hours. The changes to overnight parking regulations are as follows:
- Free Nightly Parking Permission: Each license plate gets 25 free parking nights per calendar year (increased from 15). You can request this free nightly permission to park on any street in the Village. In the winter, parking shall be in front or across the street of the residence making the request based on even/odd date (see below). Request free nightly parking at the following webpage: https://parking.wfbvillage.org/
- Overnight Monthly Parking Permit: Monthly permits can now be purchased for any street in Whitefish Bay, no longer requiring vehicles to be parked in pre-designated areas. In the Winter, parking shall be in front or across the street of the residence making the request based on even/odd date (see below).
- Where Do I Park in the winter (12/1/20 through 3/31/20)? Alternative Side - Even/Odd – Parking: In the winter, monthly permit holders and free nightly permissions will be required to follow alternate side parking. Vehicles should park on the even-numbered side of the street with an even calendar date before midnight, and on the odd-numbered side of the street on those nights with an odd calendar date before midnight (unless an exemption applies). Vehicles with monthly overnight parking permits must be moved once every 24 hours.
- Where Do I Park in the spring, summer, and fall (4/1/21 through 11/30/21)? In the spring, summer, and fall, monthly permit holders and free nightly permissions will be required to park directly in front of your residence (unless an exemption applies). Vehicles with monthly overnight parking permits must be moved once every 24 hours.
- Overnight Monthly Permit Cost: Permits cost $30.00 per month. Permits are available to purchase online beginning at 5:00 a.m. on the 15th of the month for the next month. Permits are available for sale in person during police administration hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and online 24 hours per day at the following webpage: https://parking.wfbvillage.org/. If the permit is purchased after the 15th of the month, the fee is reduced to $15.00.
- How many months can I purchase at one time? Beginning December 15, 2020, you may purchase up to 12 months of overnight parking at a time within the 2021 calendar year. You cannot purchase a permit for 2022 until December 15, 2021.
What if my parking is already limited to one side of the street and/or my residence borders Glendale? In these circumstances, you would be allowed to park directly in front of your residence year-round with a monthly overnight parking permit. However, an overnight parking permit does not supersede time zone restrictions or other restrictions on a block. The Village will work with residents on a case-by-case basis for other unique circumstances. In addition, Public Works may temporarily need to restrict parking on these streets on an as-needed basis for snow removal.
Winter parking changes were made to improve Village-wide snow plowing efforts, increase the limited number and distribution of parking spots in designated zones, and improve public safety. If you have any questions about the changes, please contact Lt. Patrick Whitaker with the Whitefish Bay Police Department at email@example.com.