Refuse and Recycling Collection
AUTOMATED RESIDENTIAL REFUSE & RECYCLING COLLECTION PROGRAM
2019 Refuse and Recycling Schedule:
- Collection Map and Recycling Schedule
- Special Pickup Requirements and Definitions
- Recycling Guidelines and Residential Hazardous Waste Disposal Guidelines
- Additional Cart Order Form
Important Reminders for the Refuse and Recycling Program:
- Please space all carts at least 3 feet apart and away from trees, cars, etc.
- Refuse will continue to be picked up weekly. Recycling will be collected every other week.
- Please have all refuse and recycling to the curb by 7:00 am on pickup day.
- Your Refuse collection and Recycling day of the week will not change and are the same.
Proper Cart Placement for Refuse and Recycling:
- Only Village Carts for Refuse and Recycling may be used. The small recycling bins are no longer acceptable for Recycling pickup.
- Required cart placement is on the parkway, driveway apron or outside alley garage with lid closed
- Carts should open towards the street or alley with the handle toward the house
- Carts should be placed at least three feet apart from each other and any other obstruction on both sides of cart, and a maximum of three feet from the curb
- All household waste must be put inside carts for collection
- All recycling goes in the blue recycling cart
- All refuse goes in the new gray refuse cart
- Additional carts (refuse and recycling) are available for sale for $75 each. Pay in person or by mail, call 414-962-6690 ext. 495, download order form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order by mail.
Special Refuse Pickups:
- Free special pickup of non-domestic waste under 4’x4’x7’ (example: chair). You do not need to call this in, and can place item in the refuse carts (if possible) or next to the cart on collection day free of charge.
- Paid special refuse pickup of non-domestic waste over 4’x4’x7’ and under 5’x5’x15’ (example: sectional sofa). Please call 414-962-6690 to schedule this $45 pickup, which will occur on the non-holiday Thursday following payment.
- Paid special recycling pickup is $45 up to 5’x5’x15’. Over this size will be separately charged. Please call 414-962-6690 to arrange special recycling pickup, which will occur within three business days following payment.
- Paid + special refuse pickup of non-domestic waste over 5’x5’x15’ (example: garage cleanout). Please call 414-962-6690 to schedule this $45 + assessed time pickup, which will occur on non-holiday Thursday following payment.
- Paid special chipping pickup is $45 and will be picked up the Monday or Tuesday following payment. Please call 414-962-6690 to schedule.
- Paid special yard waste pickup is $45 and will be picked up the Monday or Tuesday following payment. Please call 414-962-6690 to schedule.
- No grass clippings, contractor waste, or styrofoam peanuts are allowed in refuse or recycling.
- No dirt or grass clippings are allowed in yard waste.
- Only dried latex paint is allowed in refuse. Please remove lid and place dried latex cans next to the gray refuse cart. No other types of paint are acceptable in refuse or recycling. See MMSD Hazmat collection sites for all other paint and other hazardous materials.